The Journey of Malachi Preston

04 November 2009

Two Years Old!






Malachi turned two on November 2nd. Wow! Has time flown by! So much has taken place, and is yet to come. I can honestly say that every path, every part of this journey has been plotted and planned by our Great God. Everything that we didn't understand why it was happening, was all orchestrated by Him and later shown why He allowed it. I can thankfully say that I have gotten a little better with things than I used to. My old reaction would always be to get angry. Now, I try to see what the Lord is trying to teach me.

A few months back, Malachi had his heart catherization. It ended up taking seven and a half hours, when it should've only taken 3 at the most! We also found out that his stent had been completed occluded, so the cath doctor, Dr. Holzer, had to go in with a radiofrequency to "burn" out the tissue that had blocked the stent. He also told us that Malachi would now have to be on blood thinners, now that a blind pouch had been discovered while in the cath lab. It was all so overwhelming, but for once, I seemed to handle it better than in the past. (Which all praise goes to God our Father!)

The process of getting Malachi therapeutic on the blood thinners, was very stressful. He had several blood draws that were very hard on him and sometimes daily. We (Philip) were also having to give him shots twice a day, until he got therapeutic. It is hard enough watching someone else "hurt" your child, but even harder when it is you! We had to keep reminding him and ourselves that it was to help keep him safe.

Now that Malachi has turned two a lot has changed. He is developing his personality, which is such a sweet one! He still has his "make people feel special-ness" about him. He is starting to take more steps on his own (which is the first picture), and is eating much better. We still struggle daily with the reflux, but have learned to manage it. It is a constant prayer for healing, but known that it may never be. We see many specialists, but are thankful for all the help in many of his "conditions." I had made a list once of all the specialists he has seen in his short life, and it makes me sad, so I stopped counting! :o)

We are very thankful that we are where we are today. Malachi is healthy and growing. We look anxiously at the Spring, when surgery will now be, but see it as yet another opportunity to trust our Savior. Thanks again for all the prayers and support. We love you all more than you will ever know!

Love,
April or all
Revelation 2:10

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Happy {belated} birthday to Mr. Malachi! Hope all is well. Love you!