The Journey of Malachi Preston

13 July 2007

22 Weeks...


I am amazed at how the time has flown by. Before we know it our little Malachi will be born. I actually had a dream that he was born last night. He had Philip's eyes. The labor went really easy, only he was born in August! YIKES! I have about four months to go. Then we will begin our new lives with our beautiful baby boy! It is going to be a rough jouney, but we are confident that the Lord will be our strength. The thought of placing Malachi in the Lord's hands, seems easier said than done, but when I finally did, I had an amazing amount of peace wash over me. There is NOTHING Philip or I can do to help him, other than pray. We can ONLY trust that the Lord will take care of him.

I think I felt Malachi move for the first time on Thursday, July 5th. It felt like his little hand was brushing against my tummy on the inside. It was a pretty incredible feeling, but quickly went away once I touched the spot. I sing to Malachi every chance I can, and rub my tummy to let him know that I love him. I long to hold him in my arms and kiss his precious face. I have so many questions and concerns after Malachi is born: How am I going to feed him while he is in the hospital? Will I be healed enough to be by his side? Will my labor go easy on him, not to hurt his heart? How long will we be in Pittsburgh? Questions that will be answered in time, but for now I just pray about them.

We have our next appointment with the midwife next Friday, July 20th. It is our last appointment with them, since now we will have to see the doctors due to Malachi's condition. I will miss them, they are so personable and very kind. We will meet the doctor who will deliver Malachi in Pittsburgh on August 2nd. I am glad to get to see him, I have MANY questions to ask him!

Please keep praying for our beautiful baby. The road ahead of us is going to be bumpy, but the Lord will be our shock absorbers! :o) Thanks to you all for your prayer and support. We look forward to introducing our son to you in about four - five months!

Love,
April

"I can do ALL things through Him who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

still praying for you daily. still excited to see what God has in His plan for you and Malachi. i love you all. "I will bless the Lord at all times. His praise shall continually be in my mouth."
mommy

Anonymous said...

Hi April and Phillip- I just wanted to let you know Elizabeth contacted me right when you all found out about Malachi's heart problems.. my family and friends have been praying for him since as well as for you both. It must be so hard, but I am positive God is cradling Malachi in your tummy right now and will be with him every step of the way- he seems to have such wonderful parents, and I am glad you are feeling some peace at this uncertain time. God Bless you will be in our prayers till he is 100% better :)