The Journey of Malachi Preston

14 August 2007

27 Weeks!

"For this boy I prayed, and the LORD has given me my petition which I asked of Him. "So I have also dedicated him to the LORD; as long as he lives he is dedicated to the LORD." 1 Samuel 1:27-28

"For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother's womb. I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made." Psalm 139:13-14a


I have been doing some research on "hypoplastic left heart syndrome." Malachi is labeled as: "hypoplastic left ventricle." He is pretty similar to the cases I have read, but he has a larger aorta(body artery). He won't have to have the first surgery that most children have called, "the Norwood." There are two other surgeries: "the Glenn" and "the Fontan."

I found a very encouraging story about a little boy named, Luke. His mother made a website for him, it is: lukesheart.com

It is amazing to read how the Lord has brought him through all the surgeries and illness he has gone through.

We love you all and thank you for your continued prayer for our little Malachi Philip! :o) According to what I have read online Malachi weighs about two pounds! He is kicking a lot and filling my womb pretty nicely! :o)

Love,
April (for all three)

"He heals the brokenhearted, And binds up their wounds." Psalm 147:3

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praying through tears!
Love you - Jan