The Journey of Malachi Preston

08 August 2007

26 Weeks...

"When I am afraid, I will put my trust in You. In God, whose word I praise,
In God I have put my trust; I shall not be afraid. What can mere man do to me?"
"Put my tears in Your bottle. Are they not in Your book?" -Psalm 56:3-4,8b

The past few months have gone by in a blur. The next three are going to as well, I am sure. I was thinking about the road ahead and realized that what we are about to experience is humanly impossible. It makes me afraid and I cry A LOT. Then all of the doctrine and lessons we have learned come to mind: It is not our strength to get us through, only His that will be the strength we need: PERFECT STRENGTH. Philippians 4:13 takes on a whole new meaning when you realize that promise... We can do this, but only through HIS STRENGTH. So I need not be afraid, because He hold us in His hands. (John 10:28)

I was also reminded of another part of scripture I came across when I was going through something several years ago. (Thanks to Lori Cunningham.) It is the second part of Psalm 56:8. The Lord holds our tears in a bottle, and He records them. I asked myself why? Why would He hold onto them? Times of heartache and saddness, but also joy and happiness... why hold them? My opinion is that one day when we get Home to Heaven, He is going to give us the bottle and show us the record, and we will get to annoint our Savior's feet with our tears, just like Mary did. (Luke 7:36-50) I know I will be first in line. I pray that every tear cried would be tears that honored my Savior in this life. When it was hard and the burden was so heavy,I pray, that the tears I cried were in a cry out to Him. For all that He has brought us through so far, and will continue to bring us through, I DESIRE to annoint His feet with my tears to thank Him for being a faithful God who loves and cares for us... Philip, myself, and Malachi.

May our lives bring Him all glory and praise.

Love you all, and thank you again and again for the prayers and support!

Love,
April (for all three)

"Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest." -Matthew 11:28

4 comments:

Amy Frederick said...

thanks for making me cry. i love you both so much. it just really started hitting that i am going to be an aunt. i am so excited for you two and pray for little malachai that he remains in out LORD's care. HE is the ultimate physician. I love you both and pray for comfort and peace for the days to come and now.
love AUNT Amy

allison said...

April and Phil,
I just feel so bad that I didn't know all that was going on with your pregnancy and didn't talk with you enough at the wedding for it to come up in coversation. I am really touched by all that you have written and shared on your blog, and I will be praying for you. I really admire the way you are responding to this challenge. May God continue to strengthen you and reveal Himself to you and draw you even closer to Him in the days ahead.
And Phil, I was in a very reminiscing mood as we were headed to the ville, and I was thinking back to the days when we would all cram as many of us into the cars (and didn't you have a truck?) as we could as we sang to "cruisin". that was our song!! good memories my friend.

love and prayers,
al
allisonlandes@gmail.com
what's yours?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing these verses. I am thinking of and praying for you guys all time. I'm glad I got to see you Sunday. Love you!
- jen.

Anonymous said...

I love you. Those are beautiful thoughts, April!
Jan