The Journey of Malachi Preston

22 April 2010

What Philip is Learning...

A Note from Philip:

I wanted to share with you something that I've been learning recently and a verse that God has given me in the midst of the upcoming challenges with Malachi.
The passage is John 11 and it is the story of when Lazarus dies and Jesus waits 4 days before he travels to see Mary and Martha. They were upset with Jesus for not coming sooner when they thought He could have saved Lazarus, but when Jesus tells Martha to roll the stone away from the tomb, Martha in verse 39 tells Jesus that Lazarus has been dead for four days and stinks! Jesus responds in verse 40, "Jesus said to her, 'Did I not say to you that if you believe, you will see the glory of God?"
When I was reminded of this passage, it really hit me hard. I struggle, often with believing that God is going to continue to work in Malachi's life and that He will bring him through this next surgery... but Jesus reminded me this week that He has promised that if I simply Believe His Word, His promises, then I Will see His Glory! I do understand that that does not mean that everything is going to be wonderful and that we are not going to experience any more suffering... but what it does mean, in accordance with Romans 8:28, that God's power and glory and LOVE will be seen in all things.

We love you and you are always in our prayers!
May God's love be a comfort and strength as you face this new path.

love,
Philip (April and Malachi too)
John 11:40

No comments: