"And they were bringing even their babies to Him so that He would touch them, but when the disciples saw it, they began rebuking them. But Jesus called for them, saying, "Permit the children to come to Me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. "Truly I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child will not enter it at all." Luke 18:15-17
I have prayed so many times for healing for Malachi in so many ways. I have prayed for healing of his heart, for healing of his reflux, for healing of his vision problems, and healing of his scoliosis. I pray it so much the words come out without even thinking. As I read these verses I was struck by the part in verse 15, "Bringing even their babies to Him so that he would touch them." It made me think of their desperation and trying with everything in them to have the Lord touch their babies so they would be healed by Him. What kind of babies were they? Heart Babies? Premies? Babies with Digestive Disorders? Babies with Neurological problems? Babies with Down syndrome? Whatever "type" of babies they were, these families were desperate for healing for them.
I have been lead to several blogs of families dealing with the same type of heart condition that Malachi has, Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome Many stories are very sad and reminders of what we went through and causes me to count my blessings! Either way we are all in the "same boat" so to speak. We are all praying for a miracle and hoping for the least amount of pain for our children. I was convicted in reading this passage to have a more passionate prayer life for Malachi, in everything! I have always been passionate in praying for his heart, but I should be in all aspects of his life... his Salvation, his future wife, his reflux, his vision, his scoliosis! No matter how great (Salvation) or how small (reflux) they may seem!
I was also struck wondering about the "type" of child he told the disciples to let come to him. Christ said, "The Kingdom of God belongs to such as these." What did He mean? That these sick children were meant to exist because of how He would use their lives? I am brought back to the passage of the man born blind in John 9:1-7. The disciples asked Christ why this man was born blind, and they offered their reasons, and Christ responded with,"It was neither that this man sinned, nor his parents; but it was so that the works of God might be displayed in him." This verse was given to me on the morning of Malachi's birth from the Lord. It brought great comfort in knowing that the Lord was going to use Malachi's life to display the works of God in it. I feel that Christ was using the examples of these "sick" kids to display the works of the Father through Christ. When I look at our situation and every other person that has had to suffer watching their precious children go through so much, it is humbling to me, to be chosen to raise and care for such a life that the Lord WANTS to use to display His mighty works! I feel completely unworthy, but I am so thankful for this honor. I am amazed to think about how many people in Heaven will receive a jewel for their crown based on their faithful prayers for Malachi.
Malachi's life has taught me so much! My relationship with our Great God will never be the same. I know Him so much more personally. I NEED Him everyday, and every hour! I don't wish suffering on anyone, but I know the suffering we have experienced has taught me so much that I would've missed out on otherwise! (It would've been nice to learn another way tho!)
Malachi's Cath and surgery have been rescheduled due to an onset of a cold. He will be having his heart Cath on Wednesday, August 18th, and open heart surgery on Thursday, August 19th. Once again, we petition prayers from all and are so thankful for everyones' faithfulness! We love you all and are so blessed to know all of you!
Learning more and more everyday,
April for all
No comments:
Post a Comment